One of the goals of the USA Club is to help our players play soccer in college. We will be providing information about college soccer tournaments / camps and tips to help our players prepare for college soccer.
Here are some things to consider as you prepare for college soccer.
- Create a player profile. More info on this coming soon.
- Create game video as well as highlight video. You can use Hudl or YouTube to manage / share the videos.
- Have the players and not the parents contact the college coaches.
- There is not a lot of money for soccer sholarships, so it is in the players best interest to get good grades. Most college coaches will tell the players that good grades are just as important if not more important than soccer skills.
- Research the college you want to attend to make sure you like the living conditions and that they have the programs in which you are intersted.
- Contact college coaches to come and watch your games at college showcase tournaments.
- Consider a junior (2 year) college as an option. Tuitions are cheaper and they can help you get to a 4 year college to play another 2 years of soccer. If your player did not take high school seriously and has poor grades, they can try to turn things around at a junior college.
|Date||Camp / Location||College||Coach||Website|